It's amazing how fast the human mind works at certain times. When I was playing the organ at church this morning, I made a slight (but noticeable) mistake. I was not able to strike a high sixteenth note in the intro of a song. Even if that was a sixteenth note (1/4 of a beat), it was noticeable because it was the highest note of the entire song. When I realized my mistake I have to figure out whether or not to go back and strike it because the song seems crippled without it (even if the one-forth beat has passed) or continue with rest of the notes like nothing happened to keep up with the timing. I had to think very quickly because I only have a fraction of a second to decide with a tempo of 104. I did the latter and it turned out ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment